Thirty years ago, Marsha Rand opened her first real estate brokerage in a small office on Main Street in a small town in the Hudson Valley. From that one tiny office, Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate — Rand Realty has now grown to become the premier real estate broker in New York City’s northern suburbs, comprising 22 offices, over 800 agents, and closing over $1.5 billion in real estate sales every year in Westchester, the Hudson Valley, and Northern New Jersey.
Moreover, what was a small residential real estate company now offers professional commercial real estate brokerage through Rand Commercial, and a full range of home services through its affiliate Hudson United, providing mortgage brokerage, title, and insurance services. And as the company has grown, so has the Rand family, with Marsha’s sons Matt, Joseph, and Dan now running the day-to-day operations of what is one of the largest and most successful family-owned and –operated real estate brokerages and home services companies in the country.
Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty gives you the best of both worlds: a world-class real estate company that is one of the largest in the country and recognized as industry innovator, and a family-owned local business run by people who grew up here, live here, and are deeply committed to the communities we serve.
“Big Company” Advantages
When you work with Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty, you harness the power of one of the country’s largest and most respected real estate companies, recognized by Real Estate Magazine and REALTOR® Magazine as one of the top 75 real estate brokerages in the country. Long known for its commitment to operational excellence, technological innovation, and market savvy, Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty brings the sensibility of a world-class real estate company to our local areas:
- Service. Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty has pioneered an innovative approach to client care called “Client-Oriented Real Estate,” an industry-leading set of standards and protocols to ensure quality client experiences.
- Technology. The Rand organization has always been a regional technology leader: the first company to put its listings online, the first to offer mapping and directions, and now the first to provide a fully mobile environment for home buyers andsellers.
- Knowledge. We provide the best “Market Intelligence” in the industry, giving you a competitive advantage by keeping you informed about what’s happening in the real estate market.
Finally, you get the sheer comfort of knowing that you are working with the very best real estate professionals in the industry, dedicated to ensuring a quality real estate experience.
“Small Company” Advantages
When you work with Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty, you also get all the benefits of dealing with a small, family-owned, local broker deeply committed to the neighborhoods and communities we serve. Each of our offices functions as a neighborhood “boutique” broker, with its own manager directing operations and a group of local agents who live in, work in, and know our communities.
- Local Expertise. We know the nuances of our local markets better than anyone else: we know the schools, housing styles, history, local regulations, and everything else that can help smooth your transaction. That’s why we are the leading company in virtually every regional town and village where we operate.
- Buying Local. Just as you probably like to patronize locally-owned restaurants, shops, and other businesses, buying with Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty gives you the opportunity to support a local, family-owned company. You can be secure that our partners, employees, and agents are just as committed to local businesses as you are, rather than patronizing a company owned by people out-of-state, who don’t reinvest in our area.
- Commitment to Communities: The Rand owners have long been supporters of local charities, foundations, and community organizations, taking leadership positions in organizations such as Hospice, People to People, the regional Making Strides Against Breast Cancer, and the regional American Red Cross. And the hundreds of Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty agents and employees support and contribute to myriad local causes throughout the region.
When you get the power of a big company and the intimacy of a small company, you get the best of both worlds: the influence of a large, nationally recognized organization combined with the intimacy and local expertise of your neighborhood broker. Real Estate is Our Passion
We have a passion for real estate. We grew up in this business, and now have two generations of the Rand family running Better Homes and Gardens Rand Realty. We were born here, grew up here, and are raising our families here. We remain deeply committed to the people and communities we serve, and we personally stand behind the 800 Rand professionals who work with us. We thank you for putting your trust in us, and look forward to working with you.
Membership Level: BUSINESS MEMBERSHIP
55 Main St PO Box 668
Pine Bush, NY 12566